Monday, March 1, 2010

Weekend Recap

This past weekend was uneventful and was GREAT! I still haven't completely gotten used to the fact that our house is back to normal. Its been a month since Uncle (Mistee's brother) and the kids moved into their own place.
I did have some drama late Friday afternoon. But nothing we didn't expect. Cps came knocking on the door because of a phone call that was made by Uncle's ex. It was a totally false call and the caseworker knows it. However, they have to investigate all calls made - its Texas state law. Is there anyone in your life you wish would just fall off of the planet? Cause boy, his ex is that one for me.

I did pretty good on sticking to my eating plans. But, boy I had some intense cravings! Im not one to crave sweets - but both Saturday and Sunday night I just couldn't stand it! I even got online and looked at the Dairy Queen menu and nutrition counts. BUT - I did NOT go for ice cream and did not cave on my craving Saturday night. Sunday, I ate a Little Debbie cupcake though. Thank God it was the last one - I could have eaten the whole box!! I had a total of 1856 calories on Sunday which is way high for me. But, I haven't had a day over 1400 since February 9th and not a day over 1600 since February 1st. So, Im pretty ok with having one 1800 calorie day a month.

Work out sessions this weekend weren't so great. Friday I did my 4/1. I was fully planning on doing more. I had some friends come over in the afternoon and then went to the movie with Buddie Pal that night. So, I just didn't get it done.
Saturday I woke up with a vengeance. I did my 4/1 but had problems getting through it. It was not fun - but is it ever? And again, I planned on doing more. I was going to let Jillian whoop on me for a bit and do a routine on fitlab. But, Mistee's been telling me for months that she's going to work out with me. I really want her to do 30 Day Shred. So, I waited for her, to get done with her nap, fold laundry, smoke, etc etc Needless to say, it didn't happen. I went to bed not only craving junk food but mad at myself for waiting for her. I wont wait for her to work out with me again.

Yesterday, we just had a lazy day. Monkey and I walked around the grocery store for a couple of hours. We read labels, talked about different produce and just hung out. I told him he could pick out anything he wanted out of the produce department. Anything - and we would try it. Our cart was SO full of produce people were laughing at us! But we got a pineapple, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, bananas, grapefruit (yuk), tomatoes, avocado, broccoli, etc etc. The only thing we got that I have never tried was a plantain. Ill have to look up what to do with it.

**Funny story. As were exploring the produce department, Monkey points to a pile of fresh ginger and says "What's that?" I told him what it was and picked up a piece for him to smell and feel. If you've never seen it before, it is kind of odd looking. He asked if he could eat it and went to take a bite. I told him no, it has to be cooked (even though I know you can eat it raw, but its not for the faint of heart). I asked him if he wanted one and he said no. So, as I'm putting the ginger back in the bin - as loud as a three year old is capable of talking, my son says "Thank goodness, Mommy. I'm relieved. I thought it was POOP!" Needless to say, everyone in the produce department cracked up laughing.

When we got home we ate dinner and again I had a horrible craving for something sweet. That's when the cupcake came in. I haven't had one in months so I'm really not mad at myself for it. I went to bed early, after a "heated discussion" with Mistee. So, no workout at all. Not even my 4/1.

So, my weekend wasn't a total bust but it wasn't great either.

I did have one good point though. While at the grocery store, I was looking at ground chicken and ground turkey. I had a woman approach me asking questions about eating more healthy and what I thought of using ground turkey and chicken. Honestly, I haven't used ground chicken and told her so. But turkey is great. The texture is different but you get used to it. She said she has a problem trying new things but was willing to give it a shot. She bought the same thing I did - ground chicken breast and lean ground turkey. Out of curiosity, I asked why she chose me to talk to, as there were other people getting turkey. She said because she could tell by what was in my cart, I eat healthy. Wow! That really was a compliment to me. Even though I don't know this woman - she could see what I'm trying to do for myself and my family.

Oh, and my Sunday morning weigh in? 237.4 That's a 1.2 pound loss for the week. Not a great number in my opinion, but a loss is a loss. I've got 10 days 22 hours and 47 minutes till we leave for our trip. My goal was to be at 230 when we left. Its not looking good. But its not over till the fat lady sings ...... and I ain't singing!

3 comments:

Jessica - cbgblog said...

Well I think 1.2 pounds is great! Exactly what you said - a loss is a loss. I had a week where I had 0 loss but I just told myself it is better than a gain :)

WOohooo.... almost time to go! Exciting!!!

Max said...

Hey,

Saw your comment on Fitlab... we created it and have it in beta now... how did you come across it. Also please let me know what you think.

Cheers.

Conor


fitlab@dlsxn.com

ThunderThighs said...

congrats on the compliment! what a great nonscale victory! for other people to notice your efforts, that means you are really doing great... by the way, keep us posted on what the plantain is like! i've always wanted to try one, but have been too scared! :)